Thursday, December 26, 2013

My family is forever.

The best Christmas gift that I received this December 25 was the chance to talk to my family on Skype. That is a privilege that missionaries get only twice a year and it is truly precious time.

Needless to say my family is on my mind.

Someone once said, "Missionaries leave their families for 18 months (or 2 years) so that other families can be together forever." 

It's true.

Because the priesthood, or God's power, has been restored. Families can be sealed together for eternity. Not just "till death do us part", but for ETERNITY.

Matthew 16:19 says, "And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven."

This can only happen by someone holding the priesthood sealing power of God inside the House of the Lord, a holy temple.

This is one of those holy temples. 


This also happens to be the temple that my parents were sealed for eternity over 22 years ago.

In the temple, a couple makes promises with each other and with God. If both husband and wife stay true to these promises, they have the promise from Almighty God that their marriage will not only last here on earth but will continue on throughout the eternities. 

Because my parents chose to and were worthy to be sealed in the temple I have the privilege to spend eternity with them.

This is my family.


I am so grateful that I was blessed to be born into an eternal family. That our relationships will last forever. Nothing brings me more joy.

As long as all of us are faithful and live worthy, we will see each other again. 

My daddy left this life more than two years ago. As hard as that was, I am comforted in the fact that he is in the spirit world and is free from all pain and suffering. I know that I will see Him again. 


It's that eternal perspective that keeps me going. It helps me on good days and also on hard days. 

I know that not only my family can be together forever but your family can also have the opportunity to be sealed together for eternity.

You can make that happen. Through our Savior Jesus Christ's atonement we have the opportunity to have faith and repent so we can one day be worthy of these blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment